- Family-run local business, established 25 years
- Fully trained, professional
and friendly staff
- All work is
- Exclusive containers to
all areas of Australia
- Weekly groupage service to
all areas of Australia
- Packing & export wrapping
carried out by full-time staff
- No use of sub-contractors
throughout the UK
Small Consignments in Groupage Containers to All Areas of Australia
We can ship a small quantity of furniture or cartons in a groupage container with consignments from other customers. We ship groupage containers to Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Canberra, Sydney, Brisbane and Darwin either weekly or fortnightly. We will give you a written quotation based on a list supplied by you or our estimator will visit you to discuss your requirements and give you a quotation.
TFM will collect your goods and store them free of charge until the next groupage container leaves. We can pack and wrap your goods ready for shipping and offer comprehensive insurance. We will complete a full numbered inventory of the goods you ship and give you an indicated date of delivery. Our agent will contact you when your goods are ready for delivery.
Why Choose TFM for Removals to Australia?
TFM are a member of the BAR and have been shipping overseas for over 20 years. We are proud of our reputation as an efficient, friendly and professional overseas removal company. We ALWAYS use our own staff to estimate, wrap, pack and load the container in which your goods are shipped. All of the staff who will come to your home will be full-time employees of TFM. Your shipping paperwork will be prepared by a member of staff who specialises in overseas removals and deals with shipping lines and agents throughout the world.
We do not choose our agents because they are the cheapest; we choose them because, like us, they will take care of your belongings and keep you informed of the timetable of your shipment. Because of our experience and knowledge with international removals to Australia we will try to warn you of the pitfalls BEFORE your goods are shipped, not afterwards. We will make every effort to include everything in our estimate so you do not get additional charges when your goods arrive at their destination. BEWARE OF CHEAP QUOTES – SOME COMPANIES WILL LEAVE CHARGES TO BE PAID TO THEIR AGENTS ON DELIVERY OF THE CONTAINER!!!
Our Top Tips for Shipping to Australia
As expert movers and storers we have a wealth of knowledge at our disposal, which we’re only too happy to share with you…
Moving to Australia from East London, Kent and Essex
The attraction of a move to Australia is pretty clear. The number of sunny or partly sunny days in Australia varies from city to city, but every location enjoys at least 200 total days of sun every year. Add to that the excellent rates of pay for many jobs in comparison to the UK, the outdoor lifestyle, the friendly locals and the beautiful beaches and you’re probably wondering why you didn’t make the move sooner.
At TFM Removals, we have been helping people from East London, Kent and Essex complete their dream move to Australia for more than 20 years. In that time, we have learnt a thing or two about the process and have compiled this quick checklist to make sure every consideration is taken care of.
- The logistics of moving – Whether you’re moving a full household or just a few boxes, the export packing and loading of your possessions is probably the most important part of the whole international removal process. That’s why we use skilled and experienced export packers who use industry-approved packing materials.
- Finances – Moving your life from the UK to Australia also means shifting your finances. To set up an Australian bank account before you move, the UK-based National Australia Bank Group is an excellent place to start. You should also think about the cheapest way to transfer your money to Australia. A foreign currency broker will help you find a better exchange rate than you’ll get from the banks.
- Healthcare – British citizens are entitled to free access to Medicare (Australia’s equivalent of the NHS) thanks to the Australia-UK Reciprocal Healthcare Agreement. This is extended to Britons for the duration of their stay and entitles them to free treatment in hospitals and subsidised prescriptions.
- Working life – Australia has some of the best working conditions anywhere in the world. Not only is it the first country to win a standard 40-hour week, but it also has a minimum wage that’s equivalent to around £17 per hour.
- Driving – If you hold a permanent visa then you can drive in Australia using your UK licence for a maximum of three months. You’ll need to apply for a local licence within this three month period. It’s also important to note that hire car insurance does not always cover you to drive on unsealed roads, so check the policy carefully before you set off.
- Pets – The good news is that moving to Australia from the UK with your pets is now much easier thanks to a reduction in the quarantine period. That means you could be reunited with your furry friends just 10 days after their arrival. There is some organisation involved with the necessary vet checks, paperwork and micro-chipping, but of course, it’ll be well worth it.